Second Chances Volunteer Program
is open to everyone, young and not so young, experienced and not so experienced.
- What commitment is required of volunteers?
- Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of twice a month for one year. A typical shift lasts between 2 - 4 hours, depending on your position.
- How long will it take to process my application?
- Complete your application and sign up for a Volunteer Orientation on our online scheduler. Once your Orientation is complete you may begin scheduling volunteer hours.
- Is there a dress code for volunteers?
- The dress code is comfortable and appropriate for the weather. Please restrict the use of strong perfumes or scents, as others may have sensitivities to them. We ask that all volunteers wear closed-toe shoes for their safety. All riders will wear a helmet, if you object to sharing please supply your own.
- Will I be able to ride a horse?
- If you are not one of our riders the ability to ride is a privilege given only to volunteers who have shown their commitment. Volunteers must work up to this reward. You must first learn how to handle a horse from the ground.
- Can I volunteer on evenings or weekends?
- We are open on evenings and weekends dependent on weather and activities. We welcome your attendance during these hours.
- How old do I have to be to volunteer?
- We do not have a minimum age to volunteer, everyone can give love to our herd. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must also sign the Volunteer Application. If you are under the age of 14, an adult must accompany you.
- Does Second Chances accommodate large groups of volunteers?
- YES!!!! Second Chances welcomes group or corporate volunteer days. Contact us at email@example.com or 9123858512 to schedule.